Found across much of the tropic and subtropic area, the coconut is known for its great versatility as seen in the many domestic, commercial, and industrial uses of its different parts. Coconuts are part of the daily diet of many people. Here are some interesting facts about Coconuts :
1. Coconut oils contain median chain triglycerides which are easy to digest. The oil is source of energy and has an accelerating effect on the metabolism.
2. Coconut oils also contain four growth hormones, that help the development of many organisms. Coconut water is considered the “father of modern tissue culture science”.
3. Coconut Water Can Be Used as a Substitute for Blood Plasma !!!
4. Coconut trees belong to the plant family known as Arecaceae and are the only species of the genus Cocos. They can grow up to 30 meters high.
5. Coconuts are the seeds of the coconut palm tree and considered a type of nut. The “meat” of the coconut is high in protein; whereas the milk is refreshing, light and low in sugar.
6. Aside from their culinary purposes, they are also used for cosmetic purposes and as a mosquito repellent (burning the husk).