The mixture of honey and lemon in itself is actually quite well known abroad as a healthy lifestyle. Honey and lemon mixture contains many benefits, one of which is to strengthen the immune system.
Here are the claims of the benefits of the mixture of honey and lemon:
- Lose weight. Who is not tempted by this benefit? Drinking honey and lemon in the morning is believed to get rid of fat. Even so, don’t only consume honey and lemon; you should still be accompanied by a healthier diet.
- Prevents urinary tract infections. This is because honey has a function as an antibacterial and can kill germs that cause infection. Honey and lemon mixture can cleanse the urinary tract.
- Cleanse the liver of poisons. When we drink various drugs and alcohol, the liver will work faster and will damage its function over time. The liver would also need to be removed to prevent diseases that can damage the liver dangering your life. Drinking a mixture of honey and lemon can help cleanse poisons.
- Cleanse the digestive tract. Honey and lemon functions as detoxification tools because honey has an antibacterial function.
- Prevent sickness. Lemon and honey are believed to make the body fresher because it can increase immunity.
Lemon contains bioflavonoids which is included as an antioxidant. Lemon can also be used to treat coughs and colds, hearing problems, and also problems with kidney stones. Patients with kidney stones are recommended to drink lemon because it can increase the citric acid in the urine. In addition, drinking lemon can help to urinate more easily.
Honey has as much benefits as lemons. Drinking honey every day can make the body healthier and fresher. Honey is also known to have benefits for curing allergies, coughs, asthma, diarrhea, and other digestive problems. In addition, honey can be used for external treatments, such as problems with the skin or skin that feels hot.
From the explanation above, is it true that the mixture of lemon and honey taken in the morning has great benefits? According to Audrey Dharmanto, Bsc., RD., LD for Fimela, lemons do have many benefits, as does honey. However, still according to Audrey, there are not enough research evidences that justify all claims of the benefits of honey and lemon. Therefore Audrey recommends consuming what is natural. Other than that, according to nutritionist Naini Setalvad who cited the Health Site, there has been no research that says lemons and honey can make you lose weight.