Having a pet is fun. Many studies indicate pets have a positive effect for their owners. Doing fun with a pet can reduce stress. Unfortunately, if not careful, pets can have negative effects on health and cause disease. One of the diseases caused by pets is Toxoplasmosis.
Toxoplasmosis is an infection caused by a single-celled parasite toxoplasma gondii. Cats are the only animals that can transmit toxoplasmosis through their feces. Cats that eat raw meat and infected with toxoplasma gondii parasite can cause toxoplasmosis.
Toxoplasmosis can affect anyone does not know the gender or age. However Toxoplasmosis more exposed pregnant women, when they examined abortion. Toxoplasmosis is very dangerous for the health of the fetus because it can cause enlarged head, does not have head bone and it can attack the brain cell function. Here is how to prevent toxoplasmosis.
1. Perform TORCH test to find out if you are infected with Toxoplasma gondii parasite. This is important if you have a lot of cats in the house. TORCH test can be performed in a hospital or large medical clinics. These checks are only using blood samples, not complicated so can be carried out with a relatively short time.
2. Always keep the immune system in order to avoid nasty viruses and bacteria. Healthy food consumption and extend eat fruits and vegetables. Regular exercise also helps the body stay healthy and fit.
3. Try to avoid eating half cooked meat. This is important because you do not know for sure the cooked meat is completely free of bad bacteria.
4. Keep the pet cage clean. When cleaning the cage do not forget to wear gloves and immediately wash your hands with soap immediately after cleaning.
5. Regularly give your pet immunization. Do not let those infected with the parasite that causes the disease. Of course you do not want your pet is sick?
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Keeping a pet health and hygiene is effective in reducing the risk of your pet animals infected with bad bacteria.